Take a Breather, Recharge, and join us on The Rivalry Cooldown, where we give you an unfiltered view on the current topics in esports from the experts. This month we have SirScoots, Nahaz, and Richard Lewis to talk about esports integrity, esport league structure, developer choices & support, and some of the top news stories they are currently following.
Follow our Guests on Twitter:
👉 SirScoots - https://twitter.com/SirScoots
👉 Nahaz - https://twitter.com/NahazDota
👉 Richard Lewis - https://twitter.com/RLewisReports
- 1:10 - Realm Royale Cheating Issues?
- 2:30 - HRX is like Hi Rez Blizzcon
- 3:50 - What happened in the Realm Royale cheating issue?
- 8:00 - Nahaz "You need to give a shit about the integrity of your game"
- 8:14 - Soundproofing issues at Dota LANs
- 9:00 - Richard "Players are guilty of going to Twitter first"
- 13:40 - Overwatch League
- 14:00 - Which developer is doing it right?
- 16:00 - Nahaz "There is no best model"
- 17:00 - Overwatch League is an investment property
- 19:48 - You. Can't. Force. A. Game. To. Be. A. Successful. Esport.
- 20:29 - Where is Fortnite in 5 years?
- 23:00 - Richard "I DON'T WANT VCs in Countestrike"
- 26:30 - Rainbow 6 as a League/Franchise
- 27:30 - We won't know if OWL works for YEARS
- 29:45 - Would you want to work with Riot right now?
- 30:30 - Riot & awful PR
- 32:00 - Tencent is getting involved
- 35:00 - Riot ruins Coca Cola deal
- 36:00 - Riot Leadership
- 38:00 - OWL / League of Legends - Owners pushed for franchising
- 40:00 - NFL as a franchise, Riot/Tencent lacks similar checks and balances
- 42:40 - Jersey Merchandising in OWL
- 43:45 - OWL franchises not playing nice with each other & regionality development
- 47:00 - What stories are you paying attention to right now?
- 47:30 - Nahaz: Artifact
- 48:30 - SirScoots: H1Z1 Pro League Failure
- 53:00 - Richard: CSGO league saturation
Check out some of the relevant tweets as they discuss 👇