Rivalry exists to grow esports, support the people that make up the scene, and make matches even more exciting to watch.
One of the ways we're doing this is by providing fans with a trusted way to bet on matches, safely and responsibly. We are also engaging with influencers and content creators to to tell the stories of the people that make up this scene we all love so much, including players, teams, coaches, casters, YouTubers, streamers, and more.
We’re hiring part-time and full-time positions to join the Rivalry team to help us with our content and growth efforts. If you’re super-human and an expert at everything on this list, you’re hired! For the rest of you mortals, we understand that this job post covers a lot. If you’re an expert in a few of the areas mentioned but extremely motivated, self-driven and eager to learn more, let’s talk.
- You will be working in an amazing, growing industry
- Your co-workers are into gaming and esports as much as you, if not more
- Employees receive stipends to buy games
- Full time employees may earn stock options
- You can work remotely / from home
- You can have a flexible schedule as long as you’re doing a great job
- Flexibility on your holiday / vacation schedule
- “Working” sometimes involves browsing Twitch, watching events, and Tweeting
- You’ll have pretty cool bosses. They lay the law down when needed but treat everyone as peers, working towards a common goal.
- If you have a side hustle in the gaming space, we will support you. We want to grow your career and brand, even for efforts outside of Rivalry. We want you to succeed.
- LOVE gaming
- LOVE the competitive gaming scene
- LOVE competition (not just watching others compete, but being competitive yourself)
- Be comfortable working remotely + communicating through Slack/Skype/Discord
- Be flexible with your schedule / availability
- Be a self-starter. You’ll have bosses but we’re here to be your peers and create something amazing together; not babysit.
- Be fluent in English
- Enjoy freedom to be creative while also realizing you have to get s*** done
We not only want to run a successful business but also provide employment/support for the amazing content creators out there. We want to see the esports space grow as a whole, including those who have helped to make it what it is today.
Interested in joining our content team? We're looking for people who are the best in the world at one or more of the following:
- Creating amazing fan art (example)
- Writing compelling articles (examples)
- Creating awesome videos (example)
- Interviewing players, coaches, managers, and more (example, example)
- Meme’ing it up (example)
- Paying attention to the scene and pull out interesting quotes (example)
- Participating in roundtable discussions / analysis (example)
Bonus points if you’re a known, trusted figure in the space and have a significant fan base (Merlini, we're looking at you).
We're also looking to hire superstars for our growth team. If you’re a passionate esport fan with a heavy interest and experience with some or all of the following, let’s talk!
- Google Tag Manager / Google Analytics (events, goals, etc)
- Facebook ads
- Twitter ads
- Reddit ads
- DSPs / display ads
- Work on direct ad buys
- Provide guidance and analysis for existing paid media efforts
- Setup sponsorships with YouTubers, Twitch streamers, and other influencers
- Work with Gleam.io or another platform to setup and manage giveaways
- Work with MailChimp, Intercom, and/or other email marketing services
- Setup and manage ad deals for tournaments / events
- Setup and manage ad deals with teams
- SEO knowledge
- Active on Twitter and enjoy engaging in conversations
- Have relationships with journalists / news sites
- Interest in content marketing / social media tactics (you read about them)
- Setup guest blogging relationships
- Provide guidance and help to manage an affiliate program
- Consuming data and presenting in a way that’s digestible for others
If you want to be challenged, work in an amazing industry with a great team, and believe you’re the best in the world at some of the above, please: